[PSUBS-MAILIST] port grease

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 21 10:29:18 EDT 2016

Alec,I was using a white non petroleum based grease, it was not so good.  I will have to order some vacuum grease.  Hank

    On Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:24 AM, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Darn, I was hoping to see an answer to that one because I'm having the exact same experience installing conical viewports, and it's the first time I'm doing it. I have an even more basic question. What type of grease are you using Hank? I'm using Dow Corning high vacuum grease, but it's running low and I'm probably not going to be able to finish the job so wondering if there are more readily available alternatives.
http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/details.aspx?prod=01018817&type=PROD

Thanks,

Alec