[PSUBS-MAILIST] conical port seal

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 27 17:10:03 EDT 2016

Hi Sean,I am trying decide the simplest way to create my low pressure seal on my conical window.  I has a rubber gasket with silicone originally.   I did that so when the acrylic compresses the silicone will drag the gasket along for the ride.  I don't think it will compress much because it so oversized for the depth.  I am wondering now if a thicker softer gasket is better.  The gasket would be compressed by the retaining ring.  If the acrylic does compress, the gasket can expand to maintain the seal in the event that the sub reaches the surface before the acrylic has expanded.Do you have a recommendation.Thank youHank