[PSUBS-MAILIST] conical port seal

Thu Jul 28 05:28:21 EDT 2016

Hi Hank.

I remember going over this when I did my hatch port.  Similar although not
to the same spec as yours.  The viewport was made by Stanley Plastics and
there was a very small "flat" on the high pressure edge.  Not a chamfer as
such, just a flat bit.  So I used this small gap to put an O ring in and
then put an epdm gasket between the steel retaining ring and port.  Took up
the space on the seat side with a cork gasket.  It seems to work ok
although I haven't tested it to any great pressure.   Hope pic makes it
through.

​

On 28 July 2016 at 04:14, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <