[PSUBS-MAILIST] @016 Convention Update

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 29 06:57:44 EDT 2016

All, a quick convention update.

We've had pretty much the expected attendance with some new faces joining. Do to some technical issues only 2 subs are in attendance but both safely carried out 2 days of diving ops. with several rides given. The visibility of lake Seneca clears up below approx. 50 feet I was told.  Dives were made in 40-90 ft. depths just outside a breakwater area close to the Village Marina where we set up shop on the restaurant's patio area. Al Secor provided a nice support boat to assist in open water support.  We have also had a good showing of spectators.

Today is our technical sessions and the conference room at the Chamber of Commerce seems a good fit.

The town of Watkins Glen has many local eateries where we have gathered to socialize in the evenings. As many know there is a famous race track in the area and it seems Porsche is the flavor of the week and many Porches can be seen being transported through the area.

Thanks,
Steve