[PSUBS-MAILIST] low pressure air pump

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 12 13:28:42 EDT 2016

Hank, I think most airbags are inflated with chemical reaction not a
compressor or pump.  What might work is a shop vac. Portable  shop vacuums
have a radial impellor that looks like a pump radial compressor.  These
units typically have a lot of flowrate at 150-160 cfm and generate 1.5 to 2
psi of head.  This should be able to inflate a MBT quickly  if the suction
side is connected to surface air.  Most of these are like 1.5 to 2 hp and
run off AC.  I am sure you could find one with a DC motor.

cliff

BTW, are you coming to the psub convention?

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <