[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 13 01:34:55 EDT 2016

Alan,

8L/min/person at rest per DAN.   7.5L/min/person at rest per tech article "A Guide to Breathing Rates in Confined Environments".  These two are at 1atm.  The SportSub Training Manual states 80cfm for two persons and 120cfm for three, which is about 37.7L/min for two, which is close to Herve's quote.  Anyway, the design calls for two compressors each capable of providing sufficient airflow for two resident plus one visiting occupants.  The more the better unless the hiss cannot be easily muffled.

Brownies make intriguing hookahs, but they are meant to feed demand second stage regulators.  They could likely be modified to freeflow.  I would think that even vegetable oil has to be filtered out if not prevented entirely from the breathing gas.

Tim