[PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery Question

Fri Jun 17 06:53:35 EDT 2016

 Hi All

Could anyone give me a hand with a battery charging question.  It sounds
simple enough but I seem to be getting conflicting advice all over the
place.

How do I charge my battery banks correctly?

I have just spent a lot of money on a brand new set of batteries and I
don't want to charge them incorrectly.

The batteries are WING ESL 55-12.  AGM
12v
55ah

On the sheet it gives charging instruction.

Float 2.25 - 2.30 VPC @ 25deg C
Cycling 2.35 @ 25deg C
Max 2.4 VPC Max Ripple 0.05C (A)

This seems straight forward enough for a single battery, but I have them
configured as a bank which seems to be where the issue lies.

2 pairs in parallel, then the 2 pairs joined in series to give 24v.

I will have to charge them as a bank through the 24v output terminals.

I will add the spec sheet of the batteries.  Hope it gets through.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards
James