[PSUBS-MAILIST] gyro compass

Mon Jun 27 10:05:29 EDT 2016

A Raytheon Standard 22 Gyrocompass is 24 VDC. Crazy expensive though.

Hank - does the problem manifest itself at depth under all circumstances, or only in close proximity to the bottom? I'd be inclined to believe that it is either compass malfunction under pressure, or influence of your vessel throwing it out, rather than local magnetic anomaly. The latter is certainly possible though.  Where is it mounted, and do your thrusters or any other operating equipment have an influence on it?

Sean