[PSUBS-MAILIST] add penetrator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Mar 14 17:14:38 EDT 2016

Hi Sean,I would like to add one more electrical penetrator to my new sub and I don't want to weld in a reinforcement  for the penetrator.  I am thinking of drilling and threading into the edge of my hatch land .  I am thinking it will not bother the strength of the hatch because it is two inches thick.  Gamma has four holes drilled and threaded in the bare hull with no bushing or anything.  That was certified to 1,000 feet so I figure I can do that through the 2 inch material.  What do you think?Hank