[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ships hatch

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 23 08:30:16 EDT 2016

John,My hatch dome is 1 inch thick with a 2 inch thick conical ring 2 inches wide.  The weight is 130 lbs at 18 inches dia.  I have incorporated one torsion spring but not sure if I will use it.  It is easy enough to lift open.  You will need a heavier set of springs is all.  Do you have clearance for thicker springs.  I am using one spring only and it works well.  My spring is from a trailer door or trailer ramp.  Two of those would lift your hatch.Hank