[PSUBS-MAILIST] hatch pin

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 23 15:33:57 EDT 2016

James,

I would be betting a penny to a pound that it is the contraction of the metal when you welded it and it will be pulling a bit.  Easiest way to check is to take the pins out of the hinges and put the hatch in the closed position and see what the pin alignment looks like.  You may be able to clamp in place and then put a reamer through and an oversize pin.  Probably by this time you will have checked all that anyway.  Regards,  Hugh