[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dual-purpose fluids

Fri Mar 25 09:09:36 EDT 2016

I've been doing a bit more research online. It looks like a hydraulic fluid with anti-wear additives will work, but I might need to go to a higher viscosity grade than would be strictly ideal for low-loss power transmission.  I'll have to do a bunch of calculations to see how much of an efficiency hit that will be, but there are big advantages to using the same fluid for both.

Automotive motor oil would work for the gears, but is not optimized for hydraulic power transmission.

Sean