[PSUBS-MAILIST] PC2016 - PSUBS Convention Speakers

Al Secor via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 12 15:05:07 EDT 2016

Elmira, NY is also a nearby airport (ELM) which is as large if not larger than Ithaca.

Al Secor

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PC2016 - PSUBS Convention Speakers
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Date: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 2:53 PM

 Hi
 Cliff,

 Yes, we are still
 trying to tie up some loose ends.  However, dates are
 finalized as July 27-30 at Watkins Glen NY.
 Lodging is up to each
 individual.  We
 cannot find any single place that has enough rooms to do
 a bulk reservation however there are numerous
 hotels/motels that have
 one and two rooms
 available.  I may end up in Horseheads about 30
 minutes south of the lake.  Much more
 availability down there.  We will
 identify
 a central meeting location at the lake and of course stay in

 touch via cell.

 No specifics on dives yet or meeting venue.
 Tentative schedule is
 diving on 27 and 28,
 technical presentations on 29, and public
 display/diving on Sat 30th.  Trying to keep
 this low cost and expect no
 registration
 fee for PSUBS members.

 Looks like Ithaca NY would be the closest major
 airport, otherwise
 Syracuse.  There are
 some smaller regional airports around but it
 doesn't look like major carriers go in
 them.

 Jon

 On 5/12/2016 12:50 PM,
 Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles wrote:
 > Steve/Jon:
 >
 > Rick Maxwell and I would like to start
 nailing down travel
 > arrangements for
 the 2016 Psubs convention.  I don't see anything on
 > the web site on the convention.  I
 realize that it's early days and

 you guys are working details but can you give us an
 update?

 > 1)Firm
 Dates
 > 2)Dive venue