[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 13 08:32:47 EDT 2016

Hi James,I have not tested the pod in the water with the inner tube inflated.  I had planned on building a test pool but that never happened.  The idea with the pod is to use it once I have radio contact with the surface.  I would ditch once I know there is help on the surface to keep the pod stable.  I know the words "inner tube" make it sound ammeter but this is a commercial grade American made tube.  I will bet it is every bit as good as any collapsable ballast system on a professional built sub.  I think I will change how I describe it to "inflatable skirt" haha.  I had thought about increasing the dia of the sphere to match Gamma's hull dia,  increasing the buoyancy greatly.  Then the pod could be very stable with ballast weight.  The problem is I have to drag all that weight behind my truck, so I opted for the minimum size.Hank