[PSUBS-MAILIST] Kelly controllers

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 18 14:41:35 EDT 2016

Scott, I would say something like this item. http://kellycontroller.com/kds36100e100a24v-36v-mini-brushed-controller-p-270.htmlKelly will give you advice on choosing a suitable controller & they normally respond thesame day. They say the controller should be 2-3 x the power of the motor.   When I bought my Brushless motor controller I found I couldn't reverse off a joy stick.They had a joystick port but just for forward control. I was required to pay more to get the same unit programmed to do this. It is a bit ambiguous how they word this option in the manual.   I saw those Pisces subs on Oahu a couple of years back as has David C. They were having funding problems at the time. There are normally turtles in the water by the wharf & a hole off to the left that has some resident reef sharks. The guys will point it out.Cheers Alan