[PSUBS-MAILIST] heat treatment

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat May 21 18:35:02 EDT 2016

Hi all,I am making a part for Elementary 3000 and it is being machined from a left over port ring (3 inch thick).  I had a tough time machining the surfaces that were flame cut from the other ring I machined.  I am thinking about heating it in an enclosure with a tiger torch to take the temper out of the surfaces that need to be machined.  Will this work and what temp should I take the part to.  The part will be non structural when completed.Hank