[PSUBS-MAILIST] High Pressure Port Dimensions

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 5 14:25:14 EDT 2016

Thanks Sean & Hank,My ambient sub has adapters on adapters & I wastrying to avoid that. I had 16 manufacturers reply to a buyers request whichspecified the 7/16-20 UNF fitting, some said they hadthat & others offered it as an off standard option, typicallyon 5 or more items. None of the drawings they supplied had the thread short enough, so I will try my luck requestinga 10mm thread / shank length. If I fail, I will take up the npt adapter option you refered to Sean.Hank, yes anything over the plug length & short of the portdepth should do. I was attempting to specify an industry standardlength that they may be familiar with. Random brand scuba gauges connect with random brands of regulators so presumablythere are standard lengths.Cheers Alan