[PSUBS-MAILIST] bolt on rings

emile via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Nov 11 04:19:34 EST 2016

Hank,

Bolting somethin on a spher without welded reinforcing is normally no-go.

Connecting 2 hemi’s with a 0-ring should be possible with that thickness. Centring ring would be useful..

Some hatch seals are made by just machine a 0-ring groove in a thick elliptical head.

The sphere segments of one version of the Trieste were glued! The thick CrMo steel was impossible to weld.

Emile