[PSUBS-MAILIST] overlay welding

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Nov 14 19:17:56 EST 2016

Hi All,I am back to work on Elementary 3000 and first on the list is to overlay weld my hatch seat with stainless steel and machine it down again.  I am building a vertical turret lathe instead of using my flange facing machine.  I am building the lathe as an experiment also for a future project.  My question is, what type of SS wire should I use.  There is a chance that the sub will see salt water.   I need to keep in mind that the material needs to be machining friendly.Hank