[PSUBS-MAILIST] overlay welding

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Nov 14 20:08:06 EST 2016

The easy to machine one is 304, but it's rotten at corrosion resistance. I
agree with Sean that 316 is it. The machining difficulty with 316 is
overcome with patience, but the corrosion problem of 304 you can't do
anything about. If I didn't know you Hank, I'd take it with a pinch of salt
when someone says they're building a lathe and will be back in a little
while with it!

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:59 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <