[PSUBS-MAILIST] overlay welding

Tue Nov 15 06:08:15 EST 2016

Hank,
When I made the battery pod ends, I initially clad them.  I used 309mo
(which is what is specified for the dissimilar joints so I already had
some).  It machined fine and according to the spec, has good corrosion
resistance.

In the end, I didn't go with that method as I couldn't get it thick enough
and kept machining too much off so I gave up and did it a different way.

might be worth a look?
http://www.magmaweld.com/ei_309mol_stainless_steel_stick_electrode.html
James

On 15 November 2016 at 03:20, Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles <