[PSUBS-MAILIST] Project Pilot Fish

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 15 20:43:17 EST 2016

Antoine,those AGM batteries should be between 1 & 6 psi internal pressureto re-absorb the gas. And as you say, they should normally onlygive off gas when charging or high discharge rate. There are different types of valves on the batteries. My ones are just a simple rubber cap that burps out gasunder pressure. You may be able to take the cover off the battery &remove the valves before your next journey, & after charging. This wouldmean that it would take some time for more gas to build up to maximumpressure. Also you could put the batteries in a box with a neoprenecover similar to what Hank is doing. Fill with mineral oil to keep explosivegas away from battery terminals.Thanks for the video link; saw it on facebook.Alan