[PSUBS-MAILIST] Personal_Submersibles Digest, Vol 41, Issue 81

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Nov 21 21:40:34 EST 2016

Jerry,

You mentioned that you've made a lot of changes in your design  over the
past few months as we all do.  Of course that continues to  happen during the
build phase as well.

Instead of beginning the build phase with the hull, I  think it makes good
sense to first construct all systems and components and  install and test
them on a full size mockup.  It's almost inevitable that  the process of
installing systems will cause you to modify the mockup hull, add  or move
penetrations, etc. which is a heck of a lot easier to do than  modifying the real
hull or having to accept limitations which could have been  avoided.

Another advantage is that once the hull is fabricated, it can  go directly
to interior and exterior paint and corrosion proofing.  Move  the systems to
the hull and you're getting close to done.

Cheers,
Jim

In a message dated 11/21/2016 6:42:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,