[PSUBS-MAILIST] battery compensation

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Nov 23 21:13:44 EST 2016

Hank,the main advantage with AGMs is they don't spill.I did try to compensate my batteries with overpressurefrom a bike inner tube that I pumped up. It failed.I think it didn't like the compensating oil & was dissolvinga bit, & leaking.If you look up the instructions on the "Sea Battery" I thinkthey do what you are suggesting. I know they bleed offexcess gas from a valve in the diaphragm.Alan