[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydraulic idea

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Nov 25 07:25:47 EST 2016

Hi All,I have an idea to replace the hydraulic pump for my new manipulator with a air over hydraulic system.  It is quite simple, the hydraulic oil reservoir is a hp tank that can be pressurized from a designated HP supply.  The oil return goes to another HP tank  to receive the oil.  This eliminates the pump completely and that is a dream.  The manipulator can go through 54 complete extensions and retractions, that is 54 complete movements of all functions.  After the oil is used up, the oil can be returned to the pressure tank by reversing the air flow.Hank