[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless Thruster

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Oct 4 23:25:09 EDT 2016

Banging my head against a wall as usual.
No the local seal expert doesn't have a balanced seal that fits a 10mm shaft.
Nearest is 18mm. This will cost around N.Z. $200-. The motor only cost $60-.
The standard unbalanced mechanical seal ($60-) he doesn't recommend for
the pressure at 500ft, even though the thruster is oil compensated.
I may stick with my 2 lip seals.
The upside is It made me think about attaching an 18mm stainless shaft over
the motors 10mm shaft, which may be an easier option than replacing the shaft
right through the motor.