[PSUBS-MAILIST] automatic spool

Tue Oct 11 09:48:02 EDT 2016

This might be an ideal application for a small hydraulic motor, with a pressure relief valve set to return fluid to tank at a relatively low pressure. Left to run throughout the dive, it would take up any slack until encountering the buoyancy force from the buoy, at which point the motor would maintain torque on the spool and excess fluid would just dump over the relief valve. You could further conserve power by only enabling the system when changing depth.

Sean