[PSUBS-MAILIST] support skiff

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 14 06:32:38 EDT 2016

Brian,That is a brilliant idea, you will find invaluable to have a unlimited air supply when testing.Hank

    On Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:58 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi All,                Bought a really cool light weight fiberglass skiff that I can load by myself on to the back of my truck.  My plan is to put my gas powered air compressor in it while I'm testing going up and down with the sub in a secluded part of the harbor.  That way I will have virtually unlimited air reserves and won't have to worry about using up my compressed tanks.  I also think it would be advantages to be able to inject an overflow amount of air into the main ballast while traversing on the surface.  The WWII subs would do that when they were really trying to haul ass out of a bad situation.    The theory being the extra venting air would give you a bit more buoyancy.   It would be nice to be able to carry a gas powered compressor while making the crossing over to Anacapa Island.    I might be able to lift the compressor into the skiff with two people, but it's kind of an awkward job, still need to figure out the logistics of that.   Brian