[PSUBS-MAILIST] more progress

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Oct 16 12:06:35 EDT 2016

Oh yes, I remember you saying that.  I bet drilling it by hand was a bugger!  Hank

    On Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:30 AM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hank,              There is extra material in that area, I was as thinking the same thing too, I was also going to put some extras support bolts where it mates up to the ferro-cement hull as well.   But once I got it all cinched up and tight I was amazed at the strength of the whole thing, I will definitely be putting some washers in there .  Having to drill that stainless was a bitch !  I could weld some heavy duty washers in there or a piece of 1/4" flat bar with holes for the bolts for good measure.  I actually made a fiber-glass mold of the kettle and first cut away on that before taking the grinder to the kettle itself.   Brian