[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lathe Before\After

Mon Oct 17 08:17:18 EDT 2016

Hi Emile\all

Its a Colchester Triumph 2000.

Just had a lathe nightmare.  Sent these pictures this morning all happy
with my weekends cleaning.  Went around for lunch to find all previously
cleaned metal parts, now oxidised again, almost to how it was before I
started.

Luckily a light lunchtime rub down has taken it back to clean ish, but it
needs more.  I had oiled the beds and all exposed parts with WD40 before
leaving it after my days cleaning.  Obviously its oxidised  up again, but
why so fast?

I have cleaned it up as best I could in 20 minutes and left it literally
swimming in oil.

Time for some serious googling......

Anyone any ideas on this rapid return to rust?  And in particular how to
stop it?

Thanks
James

On 17 October 2016 at 12:13, emile via Personal_Submersibles <