[PSUBS-MAILIST] temporary propulsion

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 21 05:56:11 EDT 2016

Hi Brian, In the end I think you will be way ahead to pick up two 50 lb trolling motors and clamp them onto your sub for harbour operations.  You can also  buy 100 lb thrust motors here in Canada (Vancouver) for 600 dollars each.   You can leave them just as they are with no modifications, then sell them when your done testing.  You can oil fill them and use them on the sub permanently.  By the time you buy a gen set and motors, housings, and seals, you could have a couple of those 100 lb motors.  Doing this will also give you a sense of what you need to push that baby around, two of those motors (100 lb thrust)  will give you 4 hp.  Hank