[PSUBS-MAILIST] temporary propulsion

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 21 23:39:41 EDT 2016

Brian,
they will still need a pressure compensating system, bladder or similar.
And I would check how the wires come out of the motor to see that
nothing is going to burst under pressure.
The 35hp is 26,000W. The larger motor draws up to 650 amps, so you
will need to make sure the batteries can handle that draw continuously.
4 x 24V 100 ah batteries at 50% depth of discharge will last about 10
minutes on full power.
Nothing is simple & straight forward with these subs :(
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad