[PSUBS-MAILIST] got motors

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Oct 30 05:23:57 EDT 2016

Brian,Yes your motors are more modern than what I am used to with the open end and all.  Sounds like you have a plan and lots of spare parts.Hank

    On Saturday, October 29, 2016 11:01 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hank,   So far from what I see is that these motors run quite fast , there are some that do run in the 1600 rpm range , but the ones I'm looking at ( 3 hp ) run around 4000 rpm.  But that's ok because what I think I'm going to do is use the rear end differential for running the prop.  It's really made to order and will get the rpm down to around 500 .  Which would be fantastic, I could get a whole bunch of torque out of the motor, run a big multi blade large prop and cruise .  All I would need to do is secure one side of the differential and use the other side as the drive shaft.  It's a very tight little gear box which would fit inside a 14" pipe, with another 8" pipe welded to it off center to house the motor.   Brian