[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electronics contents gauge

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 31 11:00:37 EDT 2016

Alan, I agree 100% with Emile on this. Given the safety implications of not
knowing the air pressure in external air tanks, this needs to be a rock
solid measurement.  On my boat, for the HP air pressure, I use a 1/4 MNPT
sensor with a 1-5 vdc analog output screwed into a 316L SS penetrator that
has a 1/4 FNPT thread on the interior side and ANSI 7/16-20 UNF thread on
the exterior.  I use a Swagelok fitting PN SS-400-1-OR that lands in the
penetrator and uses a o-ring face seal.  This fitting converts to 1/4" tube
which I use for all HP air line. 1/4NPT gage pressure sensors are always
available on Ebay with either analog voltage output or analog current
output. This sensor wires directly into PLC analog input module.  PLC
ladder logic can then implement low pressure alarms and interlocks to
prevent diving when air pressure is low or someone forgets to turn on HP
air valve.

Cliff

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 3:19 PM, emile via Personal_Submersibles <