[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Taurus sub

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 5 17:41:39 EDT 2016

If you like to go autonomus offshore an look out diver this is probably a
cheap way. Maybe the cheapest ever.
If you like to operate just a private submarine for pleasure - this is a
really expensive way.

Seems it depends on you targets.
I original search for a second hand military one - small size 450 ts or so.
Than decide that it is cheaper on the long term to build my own with 70 ts
instead have a permanent crew of 12 or so.

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Taurus sub
Datum: 2016-09-05T19:36:56+0200
Von: "hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

Tim,
The dream is only dead if you let it die.  You should not go through life
wanting something.  I deal with a shipping broker that can give you a
shipping cost.  Make them an offer-- at least you can feel good that you
tried.  There will not be a line up to buy the Taurus sub.  Anyone in a
position to own and operate such a sub can buy one ready to go and
certified.  That leaves people like us to buy the obsolete subs.
Hank

On Monday, September 5, 2016 11:03 AM, T Novak via Personal_Submersibles