[PSUBS-MAILIST] OP valve

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Sep 8 23:09:15 EDT 2016

 Hank,I would like to know what is going on with the Deep Flight Dragondome & hatch arrangement (if anyone knows). From videos it lookslike they have a retaining ring around the base of the dome. Ratherthan screwing the retaining ring down from the outside, they have cap screws going upward from the mating flange. This makes it look more tidy. I guess the structure over the top of the dome is addedsecurity & for collision avoidance. I am not sure that it actually touches the dome. I think the whole hatch would open (if it is the overpressure safety valve) rather than the dome itself lifting.I haven't decided on my dome & hatch arrangement, but have likedthis design.Alan