[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: jet thrust

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Sep 10 04:44:14 EDT 2016

Alan,I am not building a saucer sub, or maybe I am, hmmmm.   I am building a saucer MBT for Elementary.  I think it will improve my free board because the air volume will increase.  I expect the new design to behave better when the sub  transitions from floating to sinking.  Also I think it will look better than what I have.  I am also interested in experimenting with submersible well pumps for thrust.  I would mount two 120V AC pumps inside the MBT with rotating nozzles the way Cousteau did.  The well pumps can be used to any depth right out of the box for under 200 dollars each.  I am not sure if they will have the power though.  Much experimenting is needed or a math class ;-)Hank