[PSUBS-MAILIST] "Torpedo"-build

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 12 08:09:26 EDT 2016

Lasse,I have experimented with air drills as thrusters on a log salvage ROV and it worked well, as long as you add an exhaust pipe to the drill.  The exhaust air must be carried away from the propeller.  This works but the drill will not last long, it is the gear box that fails.  I would suggest a smaller prop and go with a die grinder or any air tool with no gear head.  The vane motor will last a long time.Hank