[PSUBS-MAILIST] Drop weight design

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Sep 16 14:46:15 EDT 2016

Actually they used steel shot rather than lead, and the flow was started or
stopped via an electromagnet. A benefit of this was that you could easily
shed increments of weight, and another was that if you lost power, the sub
would drop it's ballast automatically (i.e. fail-safe).

Best,

Alec

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Jens Laland via Personal_Submersibles <