[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 5 14:29:02 EDT 2017

Jon,

Did you run it dry or submerged? How long did it take before it started
extruding oil and was it a lot or just a little?
I don't think Hanks was a minn-kota but he will speak to that. You could
call Minn-Kota tech support to see about reversing an 0 ring but the
drawing looks like they are multi directional.
I have decided to drill top and bottom holes in the housing like others
have done and then I am going to use a 90 degree barb on the lower hole
with a short clear hose that goes to a small IV drip bag that I will fill
with the oil I am using to about 20% with no air left in bag. After I have
purged as much air as I can out of the motor housing, I will then insert a
plastic plug that will screw into the top filling hole. I will be using
Marvel mystery oil per what I have read on this site.

Rick

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <