[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 5 18:45:31 EDT 2017

Cliff,I am confused as to why you would want a 4 psi internal pressure pushing against a spring that is trying to keep the seal tight to the shaft.  I would think the seal should be reversed with a 4 psi internal pressure to assist the spring  in keeping it tight to the shaft.  This will also apply to an oil filled motor, in the case of oil filling, the 4 psi would be beneficial in keeping the seal tight.Hank