[PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 Pool dive

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 6 15:50:17 EDT 2017

Cliff,
I am tempted to put this on Facebook, but are having trouble
thinking of a relevant caption for it!
Mind you I did testing of my ambient in a pool.
I have pictures of a second stage regulator compensating system.
The main component, the divers reg that you suck on, is an octopus
type. This is a spare reg that usually clips on to the divers BCD jacket
or just hangs there. Octopus regulators are less sensitive, cheaper
& less prone to "free flow" ( air unexpectedly  flowing on own accord).
I removed the mouth piece & replaced it with a hose. This ran to a T
junction with the wiring tube & air flowed down the wiring tube & into the thruster.
With a bit of heat I fitted short extension tubes on the outlet valves
of the reg to stop any water coming in when they opened.
Not all regulators would be as easy as mine was to adapt.
However you still have the better system in my mind as long as it works
OK.