[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn-Kota Shaft Seals

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Apr 10 15:11:33 EDT 2017

Jon,
just be careful you don't damage the seal seat ( bore) or future
seals may leak.
You could try threading an over sized bolt in to it & pulling on the
bolt with a hammer. Maybe hit the bolt in to get it started.
You could also heat the housing around the bore first.
There is a plethora of tools if you google on image search; but
these are on the small size.
 I have said before that there is a use to the outer seal as a "dust
cover" function to keep muck away from the more important inner seal.
A cheap protective seal that is easy to replace!