[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive plans in Islamorada

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 12 16:44:29 EDT 2017

Alec, good luck with Shackleton's test... can't wait to hear how it goes.

"Masochistic pastime" Love that! And really, it's quite true... Snoopy
has certainly drawn some blood (and caused some bruises!) as I was
working on her lead ballast weights last year. Speaking of Snoopy: you
were right to believe she wouldn't be down in the Keys this summer,
but since I mentioned that our plans have changed. We didn't make it
down this spring, so she is still sitting there waiting. Since we
figured we'd be going ahead with this summer excursion, she is going
to wait for pick-up until then. She's in a garage and thus (somewhat)
protected from corrosion. While I think we are going to be too busy
with the bigger subs to dive her in this summer "sub regatta," we can
pull her out if anyone wants to visit and maybe put her in the canal
if time allows. Then she'll be on the train back home afterwords.
Looking forward to meeting up with any / all who attend. ~ Doug