[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

james cottrell via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 13 22:17:30 EDT 2017

It was a fitting similar to this:
1-1/4" PVC Compression Male Adapter | U.S. Plastic Corp.

|   |
1-1/4" PVC Compression Male Adapter | U.S. Plastic Corp.
   |  |

      From: james cottrell via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:02 PM
 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

Hi Jon,
I'll need to do a search for the exact item I used but it was a slip on fitting with an o-ring inside that slid over the shaft and tightened down. It was either a plumbing repair fitting or a liquid tight electrical fitting. The other end was threaded for a regular barb fitting to attach the tubing. Any way, it was a clean looking set up and should not be hard to find.
Note- the next item in the set up was a water strainer used as an electrical junction box- very helpful to have as a place to disconnect the motor for service.
Greg C