[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 14 19:59:21 EDT 2017

Jon,
Glad you found a solution.
I can't see any reason that you cannot use air compensation to
pressurise an oil filled motor! You can have the choice of having
air or filling with oil if you go with air compensation.
I haven't thought through the situation where you could break off
a fitting etc & drain a scuba tank of air. You would need to be sure
that in the event of failure you could blow your ballasts. Wonder
what Greg does!
   If you use Hugh / Cliff's regulator you have the option of dialling
in an overpressure, however I am not sure at what pressure the
relieving valve operates on that regulator. It would be dictated by
the relieving spring in the handle, & could be replaced with a
different strength spring.