[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

james cottrell via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Apr 15 12:41:15 EDT 2017

Jon,Another benefit is that you can air comp any light that is designed to operate in air.

      From: Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 7:38 PM
 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Compensator

 Looks like I have found an easier solution.  Rather than finding a hose to fit over the shaft/motor coupler I can use 3/4 PVC sched-40 or a 1 inch plastic pipe barb fitting to fit inside the shaft/motor coupler.  That gives me a short fitting to attach the air compensation hose to and it's smaller diameter so will be easier to find tubing or hose to fit it.

 With that, I think at this point I'm going to choose air compensation.  While it requires more equipment and a potential octopus of tubing to retrofit it to the K-600, it has some very good advantages when it comes to easy-access to the motor when maintenance is required in the future.

 However, I reserve the right to change my mind.  :)

 Jon