[PSUBS-MAILIST] Plastic Propeller

Sat Apr 15 16:48:16 EDT 2017

One other thing to consider is that you can 3D print in a material meant to be consumable during investment casting. In that case, instead of making a mold (cope & drag) for sand casting, you just 3D print the part in a weak / low temperature polymer, pack that in the casting sand, and it burns away when you pour the casting. Single use, of course, so it depends how much cost and time is involved to 3D print the part (positive mold), but you end up with your final part in aluminum or bronze and can finish it with ordinary metalworking techniques.

Sean