[PSUBS-MAILIST] actuated valves?

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Apr 15 17:23:39 EDT 2017

If your on a tight budget, a simple steel box with nipples threaded into the single valves that protrude past the box wall.  Then simply weld the nipples to the box.  This traps the valve body bottom section, but there are no moving parts in the bottom body section.  The valve can be disassembled in place and this would save buying all the fittings and lines.  Then barbed fittings on the nipples with air hose to the tanks.  A weekend project, just start with the penetrator so the epoxy can set up while you weld up your box.  The penetrator can be solid core wire  with the jacket removed for a 1\2 inch then potted in a pipe fitting.  I tested that to 1,000 psi.Hank