[PSUBS-MAILIST] 02 tank

Thu Apr 20 13:44:00 EDT 2017

Cylinder and valve will need to be oxygen cleaned and built or rebuit using viton o-rings and oxygen compatible lubricants; however, it is possible that it may come that way from the factory. Probably dependent on the manufacturer and retailer, the latter usually supplying newly purchased cylinders with an initial visual inspection sticker for recreational divers. With the prevalence of nitrox mixtures in recreational diving, it is becoming more commonplace to supply conformant cylinders, but check with your supplier. Oxygen cleaning is something you can do yourself, simply by using hydrocarbon free detergents, rebuild kits or o-rings which are O2 compatible (i.e. Viton), and O2 compatible lubricants such as Christolube.

Sean